The Wiley College Athletics Hall of Fame is established to honor outstanding athletes and teams for their athletic performance, leadership, and team contributions while students at Wiley College.
Annually, the Wiley College Athletics Department, working with the National Alumni Association, will appoint a committee to review nominations for the Sports Hall of Fame. Any alumnus/a, staff member, or friend of the College may make nominations for this award. The guidelines and process for submitting nominations, selecting members, and holding induction ceremonies are outlined below.
The Wiley College Athletics Department and National Alumni Association will maintain the Wiley College Sports Hall of Fame as the highest athletic honor that the College bestows on its alumni and supporters by recognizing the outstanding athletic achievements of individuals and teams of every era.
1. Nominations will be solicited in the Wiley College Reporter, mailings, WC Alumni WWW page, and by email.
2. Any alumnus/a, staff member, or friend of the College may make nominations for this award.
3. No individual may self-nominate although an individual may nominate a team of which they were a member.
4. The nominators must indicate which type of membership they are nominating for: Individual, Team of Distinction, or Special Citation.
5. Nominations must be made no later than January 1 of each calendar year for induction at Wiley College Homecoming.
6. Nominations can be made online at http://www.________________
7. Nominations can also be made in writing by requesting a nomination form from the Wiley College Office of Alumni Relations or Wiley College Athletics Department.
Office of Alumni Relations
711 Wiley Avenue
Marshall Texas 75670
8. At the conclusion of each academic year, the committee will solicit from the athletic director's office, a list of student athletes whom both the athletic director and coaching staff agree have achieved a "Hall of Fame career," met the criteria for the Wiley College Athletics Hall of Fame, and would be eligible for induction in ten years. These lists will aid the committee in validating and evaluating nominees in future years.
Inaugural Hall of Fame Program
2014 Hall of Fame Program