A nominee shall:
1. Have been a full-time student at Wiley College for at least two years
2. Have been a letter-winner in at least one varsity sport at Wiley College
3. Have left the College at least ten years ago
Current alumni officers, alumni faculty, and staff members are eligible. Non-alumni staff must have a minimum of five years of service to the College before the individual is considered for the award.
Teams may be eligible for induction as "Teams of Distinction" ten academic years after their season of competition provided its members meet the above requirements.
This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
Nominees who meet the eligibility requirements will be considered for induction to the Athletics Hall of Fame in three categories of membership: Individual, Team of Distinction, and Special Citation. The criteria for selection in each category follow:
1. Individual - Athletic performance, team contributions, achievement and/or leadership in sports competition as evidenced by:
A. Post-season honors, such as All-American, All-State, All-Conference, etc.
B. Advancement to post-season competition such as NAIA regional and national
championships or All-Star team selection
C. Record-setting performances
D. Winning individual championships
E. Holding the position of team captain
F. When reviewing student athletes and teams who competed prior to the College joining the
NAIA, approval will be based on criteria that they were the best athletes of their era and they
will not be held to current standards.
G. Athletic achievement after Wiley College will be considered, including participation and
achievement in professional, Olympic, and amateur athletics, but only as a complement to the
individual's athletic career while at Wiley College.
2. Team of Distinction - Athletic performance and achievement in sports competition as evidenced by:
A. Exceptional accomplishments at or above the conference level including advancement to
NCAA regional or national competition, regional or national titles, school records, and
3. Special Citation - At the discretion of the selection committee, individuals, coaches, and administrators who have substantially enhanced the athletic program at Wiley College may be honored by Special Citation.